Jeff is a research engineer at NASA's Langley Research Center. His research involves the discovery and verification of both safety and correctness properties for complex computerized aviation systems with special emphasis on air traffic management systems and unmanned air vehicles. In the past he has worked on fault-tolerant computer systems (SPIDER). He received a bachelor's of science degree in computer engineering from Virginia Tech and a master's of science degree in computer science from the College of William and Mary.J.M.Maddalon@NASA.GOV Profile: LinkedIn
- K. J. Hayhurst, J. M. Maddalon, N. A. Neogi, H. A. Verstynen. Design Requirements for Unmanned Rotorcraft used in Low-Risk Concepts of Operation , NASA Technical Memorandum 219345. October 2016.
- Kelly J. Hayhurst, Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Natasha A. Neogi, Harry A. Verstynen. Safety and Certification Considerations for Expanding the Use of UAS in Precision Agriculture. 13th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, St. Louis, MO. July 31-Aug 4, 2016.
- George E. Hagen, Ricky W. Butler, Jeffrey M. Maddalon. The Stratway Program for Strategic Conflict Resolution: User's Guide. NASA Technical Memorandum 219196. May 2016.
- J.M. Maddalon, K.J. Hayhurst, N.A. Neogi, H.A. Verstynen, and R.A. Clothier. Expanding the Envelope of UAS Certification: What it Takes to Type Certify a UAS for Precision Agricultural Spraying. XPONENTIAL 2016. New Orleans, La. May 4, 2016. Presentation.
- Nelson M. Guerreiro, Ricky W. Butler, George E. Hagen, Jeffrey M. Maddalon, and Timothy A. Lewis. Parametric Analysis of Surveillance Quality and Level and Quality of Intent Information and the Impact on Conflict Detection Performance,. NASA Technical Memorandum 219177. March 2016.
- K. J. Hayhurst, J. M. Maddalon, N. A. Neogi, H. A. Verstynen, Barry Buelow, and G. Frank McCormick. Mock Certification Basis for an Unmanned Rotorcraft for Precision Agricultural Spraying, NASA Technical Memorandum 218979. November 2015.
- K. J. Hayhurst, J. M. Maddalon, N. A. Neogi and H. A. Verstynen, A case study for assured containment, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), 2015 International Conference on, Denver, CO, 2015, pp. 260-269.
- Nelson M. Guerreiro, Rick Butler, Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Timothy A. Lewis, George Hagen. Conflict Detection Performance Analysis for Function Allocation Using Time-Shifted Recorded Traffic Data 15th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference Dallas, TX. June 2015.
- Kelly J. Hayhurst, Jeffrey M. Maddalon, A. Terry Morris, Natasha Neogi, Harry A. Verstynen, A Review of Current and Prospective Factors for Classification of Civil Unmanned Aircraft System. NASA Technical Memorandum 218511, August 2014.
- J.M. Maddalon, K.J. Hayhurst, A.T. Morris, and H.A. Verstynen, Considerations of Unmanned Aircraft Classification for Civil Airworthiness Standards. Presented at AIAA Infotech Conference, August 19-22, 2013, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ricky W. Butler, George Hagen, and Jeffrey M. Maddalon The Chorus Conflict and Loss of Separation Resolution Algorithms.NASA Technical Memorandum 218030. August 2013.
- Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Kelly J. Hayhurst, Daniel M. Koppen, Jason M. Upchurch, A. Terry Morris; and Harry A. Verstynen. Perspectives on Unmanned Aircraft Classification for Civil Airworthiness Standards. NASA Technical Memorandum 217969. February 2013.
- Ricky Butler, George Hagen, Jeffrey Maddalon, César Muñoz, and Anthony Narkawicz, The search for effective algorithms for recovery from loss of separation, Proceedings of the 31st Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC 2012), Williamsburg, Virginia, 2012.
- Anthony Narkawicz, César Muñoz, and Jeffrey Maddalon, A Mathematical Analysis of Air Traffic Priority Rules, Proceedings of the 12th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conference, AIAA-2012-5544, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2012.
- G.E. Hagen, R.W. Butler, and J.M. Maddalon, Stratway: A Modular Approach to Strategic Conflict Resolution. Presented at 11th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conference, September 20-22, 2011, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- César Muñoz, Ricky Butler, Anthony Narkawicz, Jeffrey Maddalon, and George Hagen, A Criteria Standard for Conflict Resolution: A Vision for Guaranteeing the Safety of Self-Separation in NextGen, Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-2010-216862, October 2010.
- Ricky Butler, George Hagen, Jeffrey Maddalon, César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, and Gilles Dowek, How Formal Methods Impels Discovery: A Short History of an Air Traffic Management Project, Technical Memorandum, NASA/CP-2010-216215, April 2010.
- Jeffrey Maddalon, Ricky Butler, Cesar Munoz, Gilles Dowek. A Mathematical Analysis of Conflict Prevention Information. Presented at the 9th Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference (ATIO), AIAA-2009-6907. Sept 21st, 2009, Hilton Head, SC. PDF
- Jeffrey Maddalon, Ricky Butler, Cesar Munoz, Gilles Dowek. A Mathematical Basis for the Safety Analysis of Conflict Prevention Algorithms. NASA Technical Memorandum (TM-2009-215768), June 2009. PDF
- Kelly J. Hayhurst, Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Paul S. Miner, George N. Szatkowski, Michael L. Ulrey, Michael P. DeWalt, Cary R. Spitzer. Preliminary Considerations for Classifying hazards of Unmanned Aircraft Systems.. NASA Technical Memorandum (TM-2007-214539), February 2007. PDF
- Kelly J. Hayhurst, Jeffrey Maddalon, Paul Miner, Michael DeWalt, Frank McCormick. Unmanned Aircraft Hazards and Their Implications for Regulation. 25th Digital Avonics Systems Conference (DASC). 2006. PDF
- Paul Miner, Alfons Geser, Lee Pike, and Jeffrey Maddalon. A unified fault-tolerance protocol. In Yassine Lakhnech and Sergio Yovine, editors, Formal Techniques, Modeling and Analysis of Timed and Fault-Tolerant Systems (FORMATS-FTRTFT), volume 3253 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 167--182. Springer, 2004. PDF
- Lee Pike, Jeffrey Maddalon, Paul Miner, and Alfons Geser. Abstractions for fault-tolerant distributed system verification. In Konrad Slind, Annette Bunker, and Ganesh Gopalakrishnan, editors, Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics (TPHOLs), volume 3223 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 257--270. Springer, 2004. PDF
- Jeffrey Maddalon, Alfons Geser, and César Muñoz, Ricky Butler. Formal Verification of a Conflict Resolution and Recovery Algorithm NASA Technical Paper 213015. 2004. PDF
- Ricky Butler, Alfons Geser, Jeffrey Maddalon, and César Muñoz. Formal Analysis of Air Traffic Management Systems: The Case of Conflict Resolution and Recovery, Proceedings of Winter Simulation Conference (WSC'03), 2003. PDF
- Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Paul S. Miner. An Architectural Concept for Intrusion Tolerance in Air Traffic Networks. Integrated Communication Navigation and Surveilence (ICNS), Annapolis, Maryland, 2003. PDF
- Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Stephen Derry. Data Management in the ASSET Simulation Framework. AIAA-2000-4500. AIAA Modelling and Simulation Conference, Denver, August 2000.
- Stephen Derry, Jeffrey M. Maddalon. Implementing Dynamic System Models in the ASSET Simulation Framework. AIAA-2000-4393. AIAA Modelling and Simulation Conference, Denver, August 2000.
- Jeffrey M. Maddalon and Jeff I. Cleveland II, A Study of Workstation Computational Performance for Real-Time Flight Simulation , NASA TM-109184, February 1995, pp. 8, (25KB). PDF
home | welcome | quick page | philosophy | team | research | quote | links | new?
Curator and Responsible NASA Official: J. M. Maddalon
larc privacy statement
last modified: 28 May 2002 (09:07:56)