The symposium will be held at the Newport News Marriott at City Center in the vibrant city of Newport News, Virginia, USA. Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. A group rate to attend NFM2018 is available at the Newport News Marriott until March 16, 2018.. Reservations: +1 (866) 329-1758. The code of the group rate is NASA.
Newport News, Virginia, is the 5th most populous city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is located at the heart Hampton Roads metropolitan area. In addition to the attractions at Newport News City Center, there are several nearby attractions in Newport News and Hampton, including the following.
- The Mariners' Museum and Park. Explore over 90,000 square feet of gallery space with rare figureheads, handcrafted ship models, Civil War ironclad USS Monitor, artifacts, paintings, and much more.
- The Virginia Living Museum. Living exhibits depict Virginia's natural heritage from the mountains to the sea. Meet animals that live in a cypress swamp, mountain cove and limestone cave, plus underwater in the Chesapeake Bay.
- U.S. Army Transportation Museum. The story of the Army's Transportation Corps, from horse-drawn wagons to all-terrain armored vehicles, is told through exhibits, models, dioramas, and videos.
- Fort Monroe. Completed in 1834 and named in honor of President James Monroe, Fort Monroe is recognized as the largest stone fort ever built in the United States.
- The Virginia Air and Space Center. The visitor center for NASA Langley Research Center and Langley Air Force Base. This world-class facility features the Adventures in Flight and Space Quest galleries and more than 100 "hands-on" exhibits that tell the story of air and space exploration.
Visitors can also use the opportunity to visit other parts of the Hampton Roads area, which are easily accessible by car. The cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Williamsburg offer a host of attractions and dining options. All are less than an hour's drive away.
The NFM 2018 Dinner will take place at the Boathouse Live, 11800 Merchants, Newport News, VA, on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 6:30PM. The restaurante is a few blocks, walking distance, from the Newport News Marriot at City Center. Please note that each guest will order and pay individually at the restaurant. The restaturant takes cash or major credit cards.