Jason M. Upchurch
My broad research interests include contributing to the safety of software-intensive aerospace systems. My work presently supports the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration in the National Airspace System (UAS in the NAS) and the Safe Autonomous Systems Operations (SASO) projects at NASA Langley Research Center.
I received a B.S. in electrical engineering from the University of Virginia with a concentration in control systems and a minor in applied mathematics in 2011. I received a M.S. in electrical and computer engineering from Old Dominion University in 2013. At present, I am pursuing a M.S. in computer science from the College of William and Mary.
- César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, George Hagen, Jason Upchurch, Aaron Dutle, María Consiglio, and James Chamberlain, DAIDALUS: Detect and Avoid Alerting Logic for Unmanned Systems, Proceedings of the 34th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC 2015), Prague, Czech Republic, 2015.
- Jason Upchurch, César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, María Consiglio, and James Chamberlain, Characterizing the Effects of a Vertical Time Threshold for a Class of Well-Clear Definitions (Best paper of track award), Proceedings of the 11th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management R&D Seminar, ATM 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, 2015.
- Jason Upchurch, Oscar R. González, and Suresh M. Joshi, Identifiability of Additive, Time-Varying Actuator and Sensor Faults by State Augmentations, Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-2014-218669, December 2014.
- Jason Upchurch, César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, James Chamberlain, and María Consiglio, Analysis of Well-Clear Boundary Models for the Integration of UAS in the NAS, Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-2014-218280, June 2014.
- César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, James Chamberlain, María Consiglio, and Jason Upchurch, A Family of Well-Clear Boundary Models for the Integration of UAS in the NAS, Proceedings of the 14th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations (ATIO) Conference, AIAA-2014-2412, Atlanta, Georgia, 2014.
- Suresh M. Joshi, Oscar R. González, and Jason M. Upchurch. Identifiability of Additive Actuator and Sensor Faults by State Augmentation, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 37, No. 3, May 2014, pp. 941-946
- Anthony Narkawicz, César Muñoz, Jason Upchurch, James Chamberlain, and María Consiglio, A Well-Clear Volume Based on Time to Entry Point, Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-2014-218155, January 2014.
- Jeffrey M. Maddalon, Kelly J. Hayhurst, Daniel M. Koppen, Jason M. Upchurch, A. Terry Morris, and Harry A. Verstynen, Perspectives on Unmanned Aircraft Classification for Civil Airworthiness Standards Technical Memorandum, NASA/TM-2013-217969, February 2013 The tag identifies links that are outside the NASA domain.