César A. Muñoz
I earned an Engineering and a Master degree in Computer Science from the Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá), and a M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Paris 7 (Paris). During my graduate studies, I was a Research Assistant in the Coq team at INRIA (Rocquencourt). After completing my Ph.D., I spent one and a half years as an International Fellow in the Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International (formerly, Stanford Research Institute) in Menlo Park. In 1999, I joined the Formal Methods group at ICASE - NASA Langley. From 2003 to 2008, I worked for the National Institute of Aerospace at Langley Research Center, where I led the NIA Formal Methods group. Since 2009, I have been a Research Computer Scientist at NASA.
I currently work on the development of formal methods technologies for NASA's Next Generation of Air Traffic Systems (NextGen), Validation and Verification of Flight Critical Systems (VVFCS), and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration in the National Airspace System (UAS in the NAS) projects. Furthermore, I am one of the main developers of the Airborne Coordinated Conflict Resolution and Detection (ACCoRD) framework for the formal analysis of state-based separation assurance systems and a permanent contributor to NASA's PVS Research effort.
Conferences and Journals
- The 6th International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving, 24-27 August 2015, Nanjing, China. Abstract submission deadline: March 9, 2015. Paper submission deadline: March 13, 2015.
- 7th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2015), Pasadena, California, US, April 27-29, 2015..
- The 12th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC 2015), 29-31 October 2015, Cali, Colombia. Abstract submission deadline: June 1, 2015. Paper submission deadline: June 5, 2015.
- 20th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM 2015), Oslo, Norway, June 24-26, 2015.
- The 11th International Workshop on Developments in Computational Models, 28 October 2015, Cali, Colombia. Extended abstract submission deadline: August 3, 2015. Post-workshop submission deadline: December 7, 2015.
- Third International Workshop on Formal Techniques for Safety-Critical Systems (FTSCS 2014), Luxembourg, November 6-7, 2014.
- 9th Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA), Brasília D.F., Brazil, September 8-9, 2014.
- 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Formal Methods Integration (FMi 2014), San Francisco, CA, US, August 13-15, 2014.
- 25th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA) joint with the 12th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications (TLCA), Vienna, Austria, July 14-17, 2014.
- 4th International ABZ 2014 Conference ASM, Alloy, B, TLA, VDM, Z, Toulouse, France, June 2-6, 2014.
- 6th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2014), Houston, Texas, US, 29 April - 1 May, 2014.
- PVS Class 2012, October 9-12, 2012, Hampton, Virginia.
- The 2012 CAV (Computer-Aided Verification) Award was presented on July 11, 2012, at the 24th annual CAV conference in Berkeley, California, to Sam Owre, John Rushby, and Natarajan Shankar of SRI International for the development of PVS.
- 8th LASER Summer School on Software Engineering Tools for Practical Software Verification (LASER 2011): Advanced Theorem Proving Techniques in PVS with Applications.