César A. Muñoz
I earned an Engineering and a Master degree in Computer Science from the Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá), and a M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Paris 7 (Paris). During my graduate studies, I was a Research Assistant in the Coq team at INRIA (Rocquencourt). After completing my Ph.D., I spent one and a half years as an International Fellow in the Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International (formerly, Stanford Research Institute) in Menlo Park. In 1999, I joined the Formal Methods group at ICASE - NASA Langley. From 2003 to 2008, I worked for the National Institute of Aerospace at Langley Research Center, where I led the NIA Formal Methods group. Since 2009, I have been a Research Computer Scientist at NASA.
I currently work on the development of formal methods technologies for NASA's Next Generation of Air Traffic Systems (NextGen), Validation and Verification of Flight Critical Systems (VVFCS), and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration in the National Airspace System (UAS in the NAS) projects. Furthermore, I am one of the main developers of the Airborne Coordinated Conflict Resolution and Detection (ACCoRD) framework for the formal analysis of state-based separation assurance systems and a permanent contributor to NASA's PVS Research effort.
- Jason Upchurch, César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, María Consiglio, and James Chamberlain, Characterizing the Effects of a Vertical Time Threshold for a Class of Well-Clear Definitions (Best paper of track award), Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 11th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management R&D Seminar, ATM 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, 2015. BibTeX Reference.
- Anthony Narkawicz, César Muñoz, and Aaron Dutle, Formally-Verified Decision Procedures for Univariate Polynomial Computation Based on Sturm’s and Tarski’s Theorems, Journal of Automated Reasoning, Volume 54, Issue 4, pp. 285-326, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10817-015-9320-x. BibTeX Reference.
- Aaron Dutle, César Muñoz, Anthony Narkawicz, and Ricky Butler, Software Validation via Model Animation, Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Tests and Proofs (TAP 2015), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 9154, pp. 92-108, 2015. BibTeX Reference.
- Anthony Narkawicz and César Muñoz, A Formally Verified Conflict Detection Algorithm for Polynomial Trajectories, Proceedings of the 2015 AIAA Infotech @ Aerospace Conference, AIAA-2015-0795, Kissimmee, Florida, 2015. BibTeX Reference.
Conferences and Journals
- The 12th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing (ICTAC 2015), 29-31 October 2015, Cali, Colombia. Abstract submission deadline: June 1, 2015. Paper submission deadline: June 5, 2015.
- Doctoral Symposium of Formal Methods 2015, Oslo, Norway, June 22, 2015.
- 20th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM 2015), Oslo, Norway, June 24-26, 2015.
- The 11th International Workshop on Developments in Computational Models, 28 October 2015, Cali, Colombia. Extended abstract submission deadline: August 3, 2015. Post-workshop submission deadline: December 7, 2015.
- The 6th International Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP 2015), 24-27 August 2015, Nanjing, China.
- 10th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (LSFA 2015), Natal RN, Brazil, August 31st-September 1st, 2015.
- 7th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2015), Pasadena, California, US, April 27-29, 2015.