César A. Muñoz
I earned an Engineering and a Master degree in Computer Science from the Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá), and a M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Paris 7 (Paris). During my graduate studies, I was a Research Assistant in the Coq team at INRIA (Rocquencourt). After completing my Ph.D., I spent one and a half years as an International Fellow in the Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International (formerly, Stanford Research Institute) in Menlo Park. In 1999, I joined the Formal Methods group at ICASE - NASA Langley. From 2003 to 2008, I worked for the National Institute of Aerospace at Langley Research Center, where I led the NIA Formal Methods group. Since 2009, I am a Research Computer Scientist at NASA.
I currently work on the development of formal methods technologies for NASA's Next Generation of Air Traffic Systems (NextGen), Validation and Verification of Flight Critical Systems (VVFCS), and Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration in the National Airspace System (UAS in the NAS) projects. Furthermore, I am one of the main developers of the Airborne Coordinated Conflict Resolution and Detection (ACCoRD) framework for the formal analysis of state-based separation assurance systems and a permanent contributor to NASA's PVS Research effort.
Conferences and Journals
- 6th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2014), Houston, Texas, US, 29 April - 1 May, 2014.
- 25th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA) joint with the 12th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications (TLCA), Vienna, Austria, July 14-17, 2014.
- 4th International ABZ 2014 Conference ASM, Alloy, B, TLA, VDM, Z, Toulouse, France, June 2-6, 2014.
- Certified Programs and Proofs 2013 (CPP 2013), Melbourne, Australia, December 11-12, 2013.
- Second International Workshop on Formal Techniques for Safety-Critical Systems, Queenstown, New Zealand, October 29, 2013.
- 9th International Workshop on Developments in Computational Models (DCM 2013), Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 26, 2013.
- 4th Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP 2013), Rennes, France, July 22-26, 2013.
- 24th International Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE-24), Lake Placid, New York, US, June 9-14, 2013.
- 5th NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2013), Moffett Field, California, US, May 14-16, 2013.
- Third Summer School on Formal Techniques, Atherton, CA, US, May 20-24, 2013.
- PVS Class 2012, October 9-12, 2012, Hampton, Virginia.
- The 2012 CAV (Computer-Aided Verification) Award was presented on July 11, 2012, at the 24th annual CAV conference in Berkeley, California, to Sam Owre, John Rushby, and Natarajan Shankar of SRI International for the development of PVS.
- 8th LASER Summer School on Software Engineering Tools for Practical Software Verification (LASER 2011): Advanced Theorem Proving Techniques in PVS with Applications.